When my dad passed away in 2006 I knew I would eventually want to use this dresser. However, I was sad to see it was falling apart. The back was falling off and the insides of the drawers were coming out as well as some of the wood on the outside of one of the drawers. The top of the dresser was also a bit damaged.
I sanded the entire thing with my orbital sander, and repaired all the drawers and the back. I then coated it in Kilz primer. I painted the entire dresser in Martha Stewart Sharkey Gray and then distressed all the carved edges to bring out the detail of the flowers. I used a gray indoor wood stain that I found in the oops paint section over the entire thing, it give it a beach driftwood look I thought. Completing it was the glass knobs.
I now use it for my jewelry supplies and shipping supplies. It works perfect for that! Sometimes the drawers don't work the best, but I think that has been the drastic change in temperatures here.....